Sunday, March 2, 2008

Poetry Phase 2

The poetry that i mentioned before was not the final step of the project. After completing all our different pieces, we were asked to choose one to take to the next level. The "next level" could mean any form of art that you wanted. I chose to do an flash animation on my poem, "32". I chose to do this because it was probably my most poem that had a lot of visual symbolism in it. I figured that recreating the symbolism in a flash would be very interesting and put my animating skills to the test. I chose to approach my animation in a frame by frame way, which meant having to draw each frame individually, giving it a more abstract, natural feel. I've been wanting to try out this style for a while and i think that it fit perfectly witht the tone of the poem. On friday, we had a very relaxed art exhibition which allowed our class to view eachothers final pieces. It was really relaxed and a really good time. I was very impressed with my fellow class mates art. I liked the diversity and it was cool to see how people have there seperate approaches in going about their creation, but they all did amazing jobs on it. Some people chose to do graphic design pieces, collages, photography series, and paintings.

Heres my original poem:

Teeth clenched hard
The more I try to open
The tighter they shut
They shatter
Blood and teeth
Ah shit.
What will people think when they see me?

The mirror
The fucking mirror
Looking back at me so sinister
--that can’t be me
No. Look at those eyes
They’re facing different directions
A sick sense of satisfaction fills my brain
I spit my blood into the sink
This can’t be real
This can’t be real



Phase 2:




No comments: